Automotive Supplier – Confidential.
Our client is looking for a hands-on operational leader that will play an integral part in managing the accelerated growth of the company. This position will be a critical focal point to impact strategic decisions and lead a high performing team. The President will be responsible for the leadership and day-to-day operations of the company. As a big picture thinker, the President will be essential for the future growth and competitiveness by bringing best-practices and continuity planning to ensure business optimization and performance. This leader’s responsibilities will be broad and include managing all operations either directly or through internal department heads. Values aligned with our innovative client dedicated to supreme customer focus and commitment to accountability.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with nine (9) direct reports at two manufacturing facility locations.
The successful candidate must be a “roll up your sleeves” leader with a can-do attitude and passionate about building trusting relationships internally and externally. As a growing company in a fast-paced environment, the President will be passionate about leading a team, providing creative solutions, and managing growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit, the President must be strategically minded taking the lead to create, drive, and execute near and long-term strategy. An effective communicator who must think on their feet, while seeking to understand first then be understood. A successful leader who will be an active listener, direct, patient and calm in high stress situations with an ability to positively influence a team.
This position will work closely with the CEO and Management Team to build consensus and bring groups together ensuring alignment. This position will maintain the close-knit culture and maximize each individual’s potential growth within the organization.
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO, an annual operating plan that supports both tactical & strategic objectives for the company. Ensuring continuous lines of communication with the CEO are present.
- Lead & define the financial strategy, manage financial capital, and communicate capital requirements and implications of business decisions to the CEO. Represent the company with customers and banks.
- Drive the annual forecasting and budgeting process and monthly reporting. Proactively manage cash flows in a leveraged environment and ensure that management decision making follows from information that is timely, accurate, and relevant.
- Conduct meaningful proactive root cause analysis to improve operational and manufacturing processes focusing on management of working capital and use of financial resources; Provide useful financial insights to help leadership make better decisions on operational execution by establishing better internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
- Ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to meet operational and financial targets; provide the CEO with detailed/accurate understanding of the overall operating condition of the company; Communicate in a manner that ensures the company’s focus on the creation of enterprise value through the disciplined attention to increasing cash flow while simultaneously optimizing the operations.
- Plans, directs, and manages the entire operation, ensuring the development and implementation of cost-effective and efficient processes to meet current and future business requirements.
- Impeccable integrity. Team focused culture of being respectful of others and respected by peers.
- Must be able to communicate job expectations internally; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ability to create Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that maintain and maximize the overall operations. This is a solutions-minded culture team of doers.
- Passion for meaningful analysis and reporting. Set operational and/or performance goals for each department which are realistically aggressive, achievable, and tied to long-term goals. Monitor department performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made. Ability to retrieve and analyze data from the current ERP systems.
- Overall responsibility for the successful launch of significant new program awards.
- Operational finance: Monitor and manage activities in the areas of revenue and sales growth; expense, cost, and margin control; monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goal management.
- Assess, evaluate and streamline purchasing/inventory management.
Leadership and Management:
- Must be a trusted partner to the CEO and Management Team.
- Approachable management style with a proven ability to influence people that inspires confidence within the management team. Empower the team to solve issues creatively and be a sounding board to the Management Team to help take them to the next level.
- Coach the Management Team to fully understand the Company’s mission, vision and values ensuring there is cultural alignment. Lead by example; Trustworthy, direct, honest, reliable and authentic.
- Participation in Townhall meetings while being prepared to articulate issues and answer questions.
- As a proficient leader, s/he will understand the importance of effectively communicating “the why” a team is to do something to build trust and create buy-in.
- Passionate about building relationships with people internally and externally; high level of respect and professionalism.
- Strong communicator: ensure all department heads are fully informed of operational objectives. Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear, and coordination is good.
- 10+ years of senior management experience within the automotive industry involving full P&L and growth responsibilities.
- Proven track record as President, Chief Operations Officer, Vice President of Operations, or Vice President/General Manager.
- Plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
- Must have multi-site experience. Proven track record of leading an organization and cross functional teams that achieved successful revenue growth while maintaining required profitability metrics.
- Privately held/Family business experience is a must. ERP implementation and systems upgrade experience.
- Strong Financial acumen and related analysis skills, including P&L, budget planning, understanding pricing strategies, balance sheet, technical knowledge of interpreting program profitability and the ability to create highly accurate revenue forecasting models.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills involving ownership, employees, customers, peers, and suppliers. Direct, low ego and proactive with a proven “take-charge” record of accomplishment.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization, including interactions with banking relationships.
- Business turnaround and/or optimization experience is desired. Proven ability to work effectively at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Must have a roll up your sleeve’s leadership approach. Positive thinker, enthusiastic, optimistic team player with contagious desire that uses sound business practices to focus on the bottom-line.
- Must be an active listener, articulate, resourceful and focused. One who exhibits personal integrity.
- 30% travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Manufacturing and/or Engineering (or related business experience) is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
All inquiries should be emailed to: