Our client has a rich history in providing new and rental fleet equipment and innovative industrial solutions to support a multitude of customers on a national basis. They are the number one provider in industrial cleaning, utility construction, gas and oil, and municipal stock in the country.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for and report on strategic and tactical matters as they relate to GAAP, accounting functions, budget management, cost-benefit analysis, and forecasting. Our client is seeking a solutions-minded, hands-on leader who will roll up their sleeves to coach and mentor a team. The Director of Finance prepares and/or directs the preparation of reports, which summarize and forecast business activity and the company’s financial position. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in areas of forecasting, budgeting, financial planning and analysis, income, expenses, earnings, cash flow management, and reporting based on past, present, and expected operations. The position incorporates essential duties and responsibilities in establishing efficiencies, systems, processes, and procedures within the accounting and finance department. The Director of Finance will instill a sense of empowerment and accountability amongst the team. This is a dynamic opportunity to help co-shape the future of the company with the autonomy to do it.
This position reports directly to the CFO with seven (7) direct reports.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the company’s mission and will actively participate both strategically and tactically in the company. This leader must be highly knowledgeable in implementing software, continuous refinement of the accounts receivable and accounts payable system that streamlines efficiencies. Further, this includes the management of internal and external relationships as necessary to assure compliance with regulatory and company standards. A strong communicator and skilled financial manager, they will produce thorough financial-status reports for the executive team to help improve operational efficiency and aid in continued departmental optimization. As a value-added partner to the internal team(s), this leader will help elevate the business to the next level with a coach/mentor attitude. Additionally, this role will provide appropriate analysis, insights, and advice to the executive team in a manner that assures good business decisions are made with timely, accurate, and relevant information.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and FP&A management of the company. They will partner with the CFO and CEO to provide support on planning initiatives through meaningful financial information planning and analysis.
- Works with the CFO in the development of financial planning, budgets and business models to determine the prospective cost effectiveness and ROI.
- Develop, implement, and execute aggressive but realistic annual plans targeted to increase accounting and finance efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain effective, long-term relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess current accounting operations and systems and offer recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Oversees Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Champion ERP/FP&A implementation platform for optimization of the current system.
- Manage all financial forecasting and planning processes while monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of the company, by department and function.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages, prepare monthly and annual operating budgets, consolidate statements, reconcile balance sheets, and ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Provide guidance to ensure relevant and timely delivery of all financial reporting and planning outputs.
- Trains Accounting and Finance staff in raising awareness and knowledge of accounting and financial related matters.
- Manages, develops and implements finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures.
- Oversees the production of monthly reports as well as financial statements and cash flow projections.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Analyzes cash flow, cost controls and expenses to guide business leaders along with analyzing financial statements.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Responsible for Annual Financial Audit.
- MUST HAVE experience working for a privately held or family business.
- Proven creative problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting positions.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and financial management with vendors and customers.
- Proven ability in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP.
- Must have knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems with deep experience working with an ERP system and/or implementing one is desired; Direct experience with OneStream FP&A platform/software is a plus.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, equipment sales and inventory financial management.
- Demonstrated degree of passion and energy with a laser focus on execution and results; highly focused, organized, analytical thinker who initiates as opposed to reacts.
- An open, honest, and respectful communication style tailored to varied audiences.
- Displays stamina, sense of urgency, is a creative problem-solver and is committed to personal growth and development for themself and others.
- Stellar work ethic; willing to work hard to get the job done.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the highest level of integrity with impeccable analytic and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and react quickly to changes; self-motivated, self-directed, and thick-skinned.
- Team player with a sense of humor that knows how to make routine takes fun.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required; CPA preferred but not required.