Our client is a publicly-traded growth technology company in the early revenue stage. Their completely new, innovative, and proven commercial products provide groundbreaking preventative alcohol safety management solutions to a large variety of industries with a SaaS revenue model. They have a strong, entrepreneurial, and accomplished leadership team with a culture that values integrity, hard work, adaptability, and initiative.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for seeking out and securing new business opportunities. Using provided and self-created leads they will develop, coordinate, and execute plans, sales structures, and processes designed to capture opportunities in new and existing verticals. They will actively engage and connect with customers, educate them on the company’s unique products and show how the products provide value and new solutions to their needs. This is an opportunity to be at the beginning of an industry-changing venture selling products that create a culture of prevention and safe and healthy work environments.
This is a remote position that reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
The Director of Business Development will be an expert on the company’s products, create simple, strong, and clear presentations about them, and successfully pitch to potential customers in a variety of industries. It takes a unique person to sell a brand-new product to early adopters. Our client is seeking this kind of person. The ideal candidate will be proactive, tenacious, self-motivated, and a strategic critical thinker with a proven record of success in expanding company objectives and exceeding business goals. Adaptability is crucial and the right candidate will possess a “hands-on, roll up your sleeves and get it done” mentality.
- Carry out research into developing business trends and create strategies.
- Identify and research opportunities that come up in new and existing markets.
- Develop and regularly update a comprehensive business development plan, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines to achieve company goals.
- Engage in the full sales cycle including initial contact, discovery, sourcing/quoting, systemic set-up, and ongoing follow-up to develop a book of business.
- Fulfill requests for proposals (RFPs) from potential partners and customers.
- Prepare and deliver pitches and presentations to potential new clients.
- Administer new business, communicate, and follow through with each stage to ensure the company is aligned with customer needs, deadlines are met, and agreements are fully implemented.
- Attract and nurture clients.
- Oversee the formation of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts.
- Perform constant active client management.
- Create positive, long-lasting relationships with current and potential clients.
- Maintain organization on all client profiles with up-to-date client data.
- Maintain active knowledge of industry-related changes/initiatives and share with the team as well as clients.
- Combine efforts and foster a collaborative environment within the business as a whole.
- Attend networking and business events.
- Present at industry conferences.
- 5-10 years’ sales, business development, and/or marketing experience.
- Proven track record of generating revenue for a company closing deals.
- Excellent time management and active listening skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Big picture thinking
- An attitude of optimism and a “can-do” mentality with the ability to think creatively and navigate successfully past barriers and obstacles.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and move decisively when necessary to meet timeframes.
- A sense of humor and the ability to have fun at work.
- Knowledge of insurance captives preferred but not required.Education:
- A bachelor’s degree is desired.