Our client is a privately-owned e-commerce, fulfillment, distribution, and data analytics service provider located in the Detroit metropolitan area. They have quickly grown to become an industry leader in e-commerce end-to-end brand management and operational logistics. They have a growing staff of over 100 awesome people responsible for managing over 1 million consumer transactions annually. Our client feels the sky is the limit for their dedicated workforce to grow personally and professionally in their organization. They have a positive, energetic, and driven leadership team that places its people first. With two parent companies that have been in business for a combined 153 years, they have the culture of a large start-up with the benefit of stability. Their values embrace hard work, team building, positivity, innovation, out-of-the-box thinking, and appreciation for each other.
The Director of Consumer Experience will own the customer journey and ensure a stellar customer experience from start to finish. The ideal candidate will be creative, analytical, and collaborative. This director will represent the voice of the customer to provide input into every core product, marketing plans, and the sales process. The successful candidate will bring a high level of ownership to the role and be able to execute on dynamic day-to-day optimizations while also thinking strategically about business goals and how to plan ahead.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and has two direct reports with teams.
Our client is seeking a passionate and driven person to lead their Consumer Experience department. The Director of Consumer Experience will evaluate, monitor, and improve every point of the business that touches the customer. From customer service, pre-purchase planning, post-purchase support, product reviews and complaints, and the website experience to social media and more. They will leverage analytics as well as customer and team members’ insights to drive ongoing improvements. They will set clear performance standards and create guidelines for effective interactions and documentation of processes, so team members know exactly what they need to do to deliver customer success and ensure customer interactions are aligned with business goals.
This leader will manage the consumer and potential consumer experience encompassing all aspects of their interaction with the company, its services, and its products.
- Define and drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the future of the customer experience.
- Use analysis and insights to help inform on the customer experience.
- Day-to-day management of the customer service team.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, catalog, and CRM teams to continuously improve consumer interactions.
- Implement robust, standardized, and documented training procedures and guides for customer interactions.
- Ensure team members have the training, tools, and information they need to satisfy customers and improve KPIs such as first contact resolution rate and average handle time.
- Create relevant metrics to hold the team accountable and support them in reaching goals.
- Optimize systems, processes, and procedures.
- Drive retention and growth among customers by understanding their needs and helping them succeed utilizing a combination of best practices, automation, and internal resources.
- Organize and structure social media and identify opportunities for content scheduling and automation, working cross-functionally to implement them.
- Drive strategy and provide recommendations for social media, marketing campaigns, and the growth of brands.
- Optimize content campaigns, messaging, and website navigation through frequent testing and data analysis.
- Identify opportunities to create best-in-class capabilities, leveraging customer feedback, team knowledge, and expertise.
- Develop, plan and deliver breakthrough experiences, working with technical and non-technical partners.
- Marshal resources across all teams as needed to support customers’ needs.
- Foster a fast-paced environment that empowers critical thinking and collaboration with other team members.
- Gauge customers’ levels of engagement with solutions and provide feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements.
- Ownership of the unified end-to-end consumer experience, feedback, and reviews for all retail channels including eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Facebook, Google, and Shopify.
- Create an ongoing cycle of deep customer understanding and better service.
- 5+ years managing customer experience, CRM, and digitally native brand development in an omnichannel e-commerce environment.
- Strong knowledge of the e-commerce space including competitive strategies, marketing strategies, product development, consumer research, usability best practices, and industry trends.
- Managing customer service in Amazon’s ecosystem.
- Experience with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), Seller Fulfilled Shipping, and Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP)
- Experience with parts and accessories in powersports and outdoor power equipment a plus.
- Track record of delivering results using processes grounded in metrics and user data.
- Emotional intelligence and strong people skills.
- Exceptional communication, organization, project management, and analytical skills.
- Drive and intellectual curiosity.
- A high degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for new technologies and customer experience.
- A visible customer de-escalation ability, specifically within social media platforms.
- Ability to identify metrics and key performance measures and use data to drive decisions that enhance the customer experience.
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently with limited supervision as well as collaborate with others.
- An understanding that uniting multiple departments across the company with a common goal is not easy, but the idea of this difficult task is exciting to you.
- Must be a hands-on self-starter, with a sense of urgency and capable of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS in a related field is desired with a minimum of 5 years of experience managing e-commerce customer service.
- Familiarity with ChannelAdvisor and xSellco a plus