Our client is a multi-billion-dollar globally diversified company that designs and manufactures various engineered components and products. Their growing automotive business unit, which exceeds one billion dollars in sales, is comprised of four main product segments with operations on three continents. Their customers include OEM and Tier 1 automotive companies. The company continues to experience growth in a rapidly changing environment as a leading manufacturer of specialized comfort components.
Be responsible for leading the North American Sales organization in strengthening existing customer relationships as well as cultivating new partnerships in order to sustainably grow the business. Must be responsible for developing deep relationships and providing solutions to drive sales goals. Bolstering relationships and strengthening the connectivity with customers is critical to the overall success of this role. You will have the opportunity to develop and execute the strategic plan for the team to meet the overall goals for the Automotive Group.
This position reports to the: Vice President of Sales
The ideal candidate will have a proven background managing sales teams and have direct experience selling highly engineered/technical products or solutions into the automotive industry. He/she will be a sales leader with face-to-face experience in communicating with the customer at all levels, including C-suite and top engineering and purchasing executives. The successful candidate must be passionate and proactive in driving the revenue growth within North America; self-starter, self-driven and a disciplined contributor on the sales leadership team. This candidate will align, embrace and embody the values of the company; Communication, Continuous Improvement, High Expectations, Accountability, Speed, Quality, Teamwork and Integrity.
This position will develop, implement and execute aggressive but realistic annual sales plans targeted to increase market share.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Sales in developing and implementing strategic sales plan targeted on sustainable growth within North America.
- Exhibits a commercial mindset and has a track record of selling into OEM and Tier 1 engineering groups to effectively sell partnership and value over price.
- Develops sales and account management strategy, process and underlying objectives for the team(s).
- The Director of Sales, NA will develop effective sales tactics that maximize business development efforts.
- Proven ability to proactively develop, manage, and enhance long-term customer relationships.
- Ensures that the voice of the customer is communicated to internal cross-functional teams.
- Establishes, maintains and continually enhances a sales and revenue forecasting system that provides accurate, reliable, and predictable information regarding retention of existing customers, prospects, viable opportunities, and contracts.
- Develops strong partnerships with value chain to fully align business processes with sales operations.
- Develops both annual and monthly sales plans and objectives.
- Creates, implements and monitors sales infrastructure to enhance and support operations.
- Supports business development efforts by participating in targeted new account presentations, sales campaigns and proposals.
- Identify business opportunities and customers to drive the organizations sales growth for the NA market for all automotive product groups.
- Develops and maintains relationships with existing customers and establishes new key customers.
- Generates a 5-year forecast and ensures an accurate demand planning.
- Ensures growth of strategic product groups, generates new business opportunities, manages the sales team to ensure timely and competitive quoting.
- Aligns business strategy to ensure profitable and competitive business awards.
- Communicates effectively, balancing commercial and engineering interest.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the highest integrity within their personal and professional life.
- 10-years’ experience in Automotive industry, showing a track record proving significant program acquisitions.
- Ability to promote new products with today’s customers as well as existing products with new customers, anticipate market trends, provide early input to the Engineering Team on new developments to get ahead of the competitors.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- International mindset, to ensure the best communication with NA customers having a global footprint and with the global team.
- Understands and is in alignment with company core values.
- Demonstrates ability to manage the negotiation process with customer on behalf of the company.
- Proven ability to develop business plans which address delivery pipeline, performance-against-budget and projected future activity.
- A proven track record in executing successful sales strategies that maximize revenue growth.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability in create accountability at the management level, and to lead by example.
- Proven ability to function effectively at tactical levels.
- Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exemplary emotional intelligence skills.
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Proven track record of successfully growing revenue while maintaining required profitability metrics.
- Demonstrates financial acumen and related analysis skills, budget planning and creation, understanding pricing strategies and the ability to create highly accurate sales and revenue forecasting models.
- Exemplary written communication skills, including the ability to draft effective written communication to a variety of audiences in a comprehensible manner.
- Demonstrates a “Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves” participative sales leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing is required.
- MBA highly preferred.