Established over 50 years ago, our client is one of the leading health care providers within their specialty. With a foundation of excellence and innovation, our client has multiple locations in the state of Michigan, is privately held with state-of-the-art resources and technology; boasting a staff of 100+ in addition to over 20 physicians, and differentiate themselves by their hard work and dedication to their patients.
The newly created Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position is responsible for assisting the owners and leading a corporate team with implementing, communicating, executing and sustaining the company’s strategic, financial and operational plan. The successful candidate will direct the establishment of a shared mission, vision and values to drive the organizations future. A business partner to ownership, this role will be critical in providing strategic insight that aids in optimizing the company, its people and their processes while driving decision making to support cultural change and organizational alignment.
This position reports to the Board of Directors; the number of direct reports will be defined by the CEO.
The CEO will lead with integrity and honesty while being passionate about the mission of the company and will ensure that every aspect of how the business performs is working efficiently. The successful candidate will lead strategic planning initiatives and be a visionary to take keen ideas and successfully execute on them. The ideal candidate will be a calm hands-on leader and not afraid to roll up their sleeves to motivate and mentor a team in a dynamic environment. This candidate must have a high EQ with a proven ability to cultivate an environment of high level communication and collaboration. This individual must uphold, nurture and sustain company culture while providing leadership that fosters teamwork, cooperation and empowerment.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
This position will act as a strategic partner and provide overall executive leadership for all aspects of the business with responsibility and accountability for the staff, programs and services.
• Oversees policies and best practices to achieve long term strategic and financial goals.
• Oversees all operating systems and programs while following standards of operational excellence.
• Initiate and manage the implementation of communication and corporate policies and programs.
• Develops and leads staffing requirements, employee training and designing organizational and reporting structures to insure optimum productivity.
• Plans, coordinates and assists in the development and execution of short/long term programs to achieve stated goals.
• Nurtures an atmosphere of communication, cooperation and synergy between all departments.
• Manages and implements all company growth strategies, processes and business expansion opportunities.
• Responsible for quarterly and annual executive management review process.
• Develop and maintain external relationships within the community. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and work closely with finance leader and grow strategic financial relationships. Represents company at appropriate functions.
• Safeguard required compliance with State, Federal and CMS regulations as well as other policies.
Leadership and Management:
• The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of accomplishment that includes vision, strategic planning and implementation, leadership and total accountability.
• Provide expert financial guidance and advice to the owners and corporate team to help make informed decisions and continually drive effective results.
• Passionate about mentoring a team; Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performing teams.
• Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire organization.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills in complex situations.
• Stellar leadership while creating a positive and productive culture.
• Strong operational and administrative management; Communicate effectively and establish credibility through the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Evaluate the company’s financial, operational, sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies. Assist with re-branding and marketing strategies as the business continues to grow.
• Leads monthly, quarterly and annual meetings.
• 10 years of senior management experience running an organization involving full P&L, balance sheet, capital structures and growth responsibilities.
• Proven track record as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Vice President of Operations, or President.
• Forward thinker with an ability to manage in an autonomous environment.
• Proven track record of effectively leading an organization with operational insight.
• Strongly demonstrated leadership and communication skills with strategic mindset.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, including executive presence and the ability to establish and maintain rapport / trust at a variety of levels, both internal and external to the company.
• Executive presence and proven ability to maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments.
• Highly focused, organized and takes initiative with proactive approach.
• Successful experience with financial and operational planning and labor cost management.
• Capable of operating within a disciplined, high quality care, growth environment.
• Proactive leader with a proven “take-charge” record of accomplishment. Strong work ethic; e.g. “roll-up your sleeves” leader.
• Must be calm, patient, articulate and resourceful, possessing the ability to work with and adapt to all kinds of people.
• Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred but not required.
• Clinical background knowledge and experience a plus. Merger and acquisition experience a plus.