Our client has over 60 years of experience in the group benefit, insurance, and retirement plan consulting industry. Their
team of consultants is committed to helping HR teams and executives advocate for their employees and the
organizational whole, to foster a positive company culture, promote health and financial wellness, and increase employee
engagement. With a focus on exemplary customer service and relationship building, our client provides their customers
with innovative, unbiased consulting services. This organization has earned a reputation of being experts in their industry
with high integrity and thoughtful care to the service they provide. A value driven organization poised for significant
This newly created position will be a critical focal point impacting the expansion and exposure for their business in the marketplace. The Vice President, Sales will be a relationship driven contributor in the development and advancement of the company’s service offerings, consulting services, mission and goals. It is imperative that the Vice President, Sales have stellar people skills, robust network, and the ability to open doors. Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively
with the cross functional teams. He/she will also be expected to develop sales strategies that will take advantage of current industry trends and products.
This position reports to the: Executive Vice President
The Vice President, Sales will be accountable for creating new business opportunities and cross selling into the three vertical offerings: Executive Benefits, Employee Benefits, and the Retirement practice. Our client is looking for an achievement oriented, experienced sales leader to grow the organization.
• This is a hunter position; we are seeking a rainmaker that can open doors and introduce product line (technical) experts.
• Innovative and entrepreneurial – encourages new ways of looking at problems, processes, and solutions.
• Adaptive – creates environment that is flexible to changing business conditions to capitalize on opportunities; ensures needed information flows quickly and freely.
• Partnerships – ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal and external clients and interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Flexible – ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects, tasks, or assignments; ability to effectively manage change across teams.
• A naturally collaborative sales executive that continuously seeks and drives better ways of accomplishing work in support of their clients.
• Build and maintain a sales pipeline within the target market by developing a brand and overall strategy in partnership with other division managers.
• In concert with corporate objectives, identify innovative approaches to improve sales, retention and implementation and on-going service.
• Collaborate with service operations leadership to ensure open communication and feedback.
• Presents to EVP on sales planning initiatives for growth and development with new customers; interpret sales trending, activity, and results reports.
• Work with service operations to effectively implement joint initiatives and develop/promote teamwork across the organization.
• Must be recognized by employees as an approachable partner who understands the value of teamwork to increase productivity and overall company performance.
• Create, build, and maintain strong relationships with internal staff, community, and center of influence partners.
• Engage with prospects acting as the liaison to promote company’s products to meet sales target.
• Encourage communication to promote sales education, industry trends, research skill development and operational effectiveness
• Minimum of 10 years proven sales experience, with demonstrated experience building highly effective relationships.
• Must have a deep network and highly involved in community. Service on a non-profit board is a plus.
• Must possess empathy and understating of the clients and staff role with a dedication to customer service.
• Must have highly developed organizational, planning and management writing skills and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
• Must have sales training and experience with solutions, consultative, strategic and/or conceptual selling. Sandler Sales Training is highly preferred.
• Group benefit and retirement industry experience preferred, knowledge with mid-market businesses.
• Familiarity with EOS, the Entrepreneurial Operating System is desirable.
• Solid management, administrative and human relations skills in a style that exhibits maturity, leadership, and teamwork.
• Demonstrated experience and focus on delivery of exceptional customer service experiences through a comprehensive consultative, relationship building approach.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to make sound decisions that are highly ethical.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business management