As the company has evolved and grown over several decades, our client seeks an innovative and dynamic hands-on leader to play a key executive role in the development and implementation of financial & operational strategies. This position will partner with the executive management team to align financial & operational performance aiding in optimizing the company’s overall performance. This position will act as a liaison, partnering with other members of the executive team to provide consultative support to planning initiatives and operational analyses and recommendations, in a manner that creates enterprise value through the effective generation of cash while simultaneously managing risk.
This position reports directly to the Owners and Board of Advisors, with six (6) direct reports.
This position calls for an operational Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and proven financial/operations leader with a broad cross-functional background. This leader must be highly knowledgeable in manufacturing environments and an expert in Lean manufacturing principles. The CFO will coach leadership on effective and efficient processes that create value through the generation of revenue, servicing that revenue through manufacturing and other operating activities, and creating enterprise value from that revenue. Finally, this includes providing appropriate analysis, insights and advice to the company’s owners and leaders in a manner that assures business decisions are made with timely, accurate, and relevant information focused on increasing enterprise value.
Ensure that manufacturing capabilities and performance are aligned with ownership expectations; Direct short and long-term forecasting and budgeting that supports both ownership & business objectives that aid in driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and other business goals and objectives.
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO, an annual operating plan that supports both tactical & strategic objectives for the company. Ensuring continuous lines of communication with the CEO, while also keeping the ownership informed of all critical issues.
- Lead & define the corporate financial strategy, manage financial capital, and communicate capital requirements and implications of business decisions to ownership.
- Conduct meaningful proactive root cause analysis to improve operational and manufacturing processes focusing on management of working capital and use of financial resources; Provide useful financial insights to help leadership make better decisions on operational execution and business strategy by establishing internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
- Ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to meet operational and financial targets; provide ownership with detailed/accurate understanding of the overall operating condition of the company; Communicate in a manner that ensures the company’s focus on the creation of enterprise value through the disciplined attention to increasing cash flow while simultaneously optimizing the operations.
- Establish and implement necessary internal and external processes and key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the business and for their measurement and effectiveness.
- Source and deploy capital as appropriate for the business objectives of the company.
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the company within operations (proposals, projects, and staffing), to ensure compliance with company, regulatory and other standards. Represent the company domestically with customers, investors, banks and other financial institutions, CPAs, attorneys, insurance and benefits providers, and other business stakeholders.
- Drive the annual forecasting and budgeting process and monthly reporting. Proactively manage cash flows in a leveraged environment and ensure that management decision making follows from information that is timely, accurate, and relevant.
- Effectively lead the finance/accounting team by developing and coaching existing team members and by hiring and retaining appropriate talent when needed.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the leadership team.
- 15+ years within manufacturing; automotive and industrial industry experience is preferred in a company with sales of at least $150 million.
- 10+ years’ experience in senior financial and/or operational management, multi-site background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality systems including; continuous improvement, Kaizen, 5-S, Lean manufacturing, KANBAN, SMED, etc.
- Appropriate technical knowledge of interpreting program profitability, development & management of budgets, finance, and business systems.
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers, suppliers, engineers, designers, and operational/manufacturing teams.
- High energy and resourceful leader with the ability to take control and establish himself / herself as a credible strategic business partner.
- Executive presence with the ability to effectively influence and drive change across all levels of the organization.
- Approachable and hands-on operationally with continuous development of an effective and empowered team.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills with ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Develop trust and influence as a senior thought leader with a broad relationship base.
- Comfortable interacting with and influencing senior level executives.
- Superb business acumen with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Self-confident, willing to work hard to get the job done. A team builder with a competitive spirit to excel. Ability to motivate teams at all levels to successful accomplishment of goals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Must be innovative and creative, possessing the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with patience, perseverance, persuasiveness, and a sense of humor.
- Take charge, assertive personality who also is a team player.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete a variety of jobs simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA with finance emphasis is preferred.