Our client’s company has a family-based culture and has been an integral part of the restoration industry since 1993 with an enviable track record for immediate action and outstanding results. Their restoration capabilities are vast and their specialties are many; from residential electronics and data recovery to complete factory rebuilds. With steady and calculated growth; they have evolved into a world-class operation recognized as a national leader in recovery and restoration technology. Their national headquarters are in a 140,000-sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility in Southeastern Michigan; they also have several recovery facilities in several states east of the Mississippi. They currently employ 150+ people nationwide and are experiencing continued growth and geographical expansion.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and aggressive environment with a drive to “win” attitude. With current locations across the U.S., our client can marshal a complete recovery operation virtually anywhere in the country. This position will be a focal point of building relationships that impact the expansion and exposure for their business within the continental United States. The solutions-focused Sales Engineer will obtain the necessary information and work with the Operations Team to produce a detailed proposal for the work to be performed. This will include scope of restoration, priorities, timeline and budget. Once these parameters are defined, the Sales Engineer will pass the job to the Operations team and revert to a support position.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer with no direct reports currently.
The ideal candidate will well-connected and have a strong operational background with substantial knowledge and familiarity of the plant floor in a manufacturing environment. A broad working knowledge of many types of capital equipment is essential to this role. A model career history will include technical competencies (know-how) in areas of machining, engineering, and fabricating, along with quality management systems, testing and validation. This individual will have proven abilities in creative problem solving and adaptability to embrace change.
- Must always be in ready mode, when losses occur, visit the site of a commercial loss to survey and assess the damage; making proposals to mitigate the extent of the loss for the benefit of all parties.
- Proven ability to support and communicate with individuals at all levels of a manufacturing environment, e.g., from plant manager to vice president of operations.
- Position is 80% Selling engineering Services, 20% project management support on Large Loss projects.
- Works with the corporate operations team to establish uniform specifications for materials, processes, and equipment needed to properly manage commercial loss projects.
- Supports a customer focused high performance project management team.
- Maintains a safe and environmentally correct working environment. Safety is always number one. Incorporates safety best practices into the projects under their management.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs per project.
- Promotes innovation, use of new technologies, and creative adaptation to current technology within the manufacturing environment.
- Follow established engineering procedures and specifications within both industrial and manufacturing environments.
- Per project the Sales Engineer will support the manufacturing floor and machine shop as required.
- Promotes teamwork at all levels within sales, engineering, field service, and sub-contractor levels.
- Provides continuous problem-solving support to customers.
- Manages internal communication between corporate operations and project management teams, and interface with the franchise system.
- Builds strong relationships to ensure commitment at the sub-contractor level.
- Established ability to strongly communicate on a technical level with customers.
- Seven plus years of management / supervisory experience in commercial loss or project management.
- Must be relationship driven with the proven ability to develop and lead teams, engaging the workforce, continuing process improvements and performance excellence.
- Must have a proven ability with troubleshooting and problem solving the industry processes along with a thorough understanding of failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) within the manufacturing industry.
- Willingness to work in other processes/methods as needed.
- Must have a contemporary knowledge of many various types manufacturing/capital equipment, control systems, and the overall manufacturing environment. Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software, preferred.
- Experienced in, or a practitioner of, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Value Stream Analysis, 8D Problem Solving Process.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Assertive and results driven proactive manager; self-starter.
- Strong communicator; ability to interact easily with people of all levels. Must be resourceful and creative, possessing the ability to work with patience, perseverance, and persuasiveness.
- Unpredictable travel required; local, regional and national.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field of study preferred; PMP certification highly desired.
• Master’s degree highly preferred.