Our client was founded in 1996 and has grown its reputation and competitive advantage to be one of the premiere providers of plastic solutions. Located in northern Michigan, with humble origins they have grown in size and scope to support a wide variety of industries. Continually adding several thermoforming machines, plastic extrusion lines, engineering software programs, testing equipment, staffing, and many other enhancements to support customers in ever increasing and diversified markets. Today there are 4 business units. that offer a variety of products including but not limited to in-house pallets, trays, dunnage and sleeve packs. They are committed to recycling and sustainability while servicing a range of industries from automotive to food processing, agriculture, medical and government. They are community centric and make decisions based on their values: Servant hearts, Humbly confident, All actions with integrity, Pursue opportunities that will drive them forward.
This position will lead the strategic sales direction for the company. Our client is looking for an experienced and innovative sales professional that will play an integral part in moving the company forward. As the company is poised to expand their reach, the prime role for the Vice President of Sales will be the development and implementation of the company’s sales plans. Working as an active member of the Executive Management Team, the successful candidate will be instrumental in crafting the company’s future strategic sales and account management direction. With corporate offices located in Michigan, this position will be responsible for all aspects of sales, business development, and account management functions of all services offered.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and has seven (7) direct reports.
The successful candidate will be energetically dynamic with a demonstrated ability to develop and foster deep relationships, internal and external to the organization. The VP, Sales & Marketing must set up best practices and processes that optimize the business. This role will drive business development and be a member of the executive leadership team. Must be an excellent communicator and a consensus builder. This critical position will lead the process of developing and implementing corporate strategy for the sales and marketing team through rapid growth as a player-coach and drive deals to closure to hit business targets. The Vice President will lead and grow a high-performing sales organization, while holding the team to the highest standards of performance and accountability. Aggressive but realistic annual sales plans targeted to increase market share in the respective key accounts, delivering consistent year-over-year revenue growth. The Vice President will have a passion for business and thrive on an action-packed growth fueled atmosphere of success. An overachiever who is dedicated, passionate, fun, organized and willing to get the job done with integrity and humility.
- Plan, develop, implement and execute sales strategy, leveraging market knowledge and experience to convey product value proposition and positioning.
- Motivate, develop, and grow a sales team while cultivating a performance-based culture built on providing value to the customer.
- Roll up your sleeves and personally lead sales opportunities (player/coach) as you scale an organization over time.
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with key prospective customers and organizational leaders.
- Lead client mission and operational processes, identifying ways to integrate our solution into our clients’ workflows and recommending best practices.
- Coach sellers through complex sales and take a consultative approach to selling.
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success.
- Ensure sales and customer support personnel are adequately trained and capable of meeting requirements in terms of product knowledge, technology, as well as marketing and sales aspects, including pricing management and budgeting activities.
- Initiate and enforce product pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share. Oversees and obtains concurrence as needed for deviations from pricing strategy. Implements systematic approach to same.
- Establish, document and direct sales and marketing policies and practices.
- Initiate financial justification for new product development.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, areas of proposed client base expansion, and industry trends.
- Lead staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and product development programs.
- Define procedures and responsibilities within sales team.
- Foster and maintain highly effective internal partnerships with key departments (e.g., Multi-site, Operations, Engineering).
- Establish, maintain, and continually enhance sales and revenue forecasting system that provides accurate, reliable, and predictable information regarding retention of existing accounts/customers, prospects, and viable opportunities.
- Implements sales and business development plans and programs, short and long-range, to ensure profitable growth and expansion of company services.
- Regularly meet with accounts/customers to understand all important issues, developing strong professional relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the highest integrity within their personal and professional life.
- Able to deliver results in a fast paced, high-growth culture, where the industry and environment is dynamic.
- Directly responsible for the recruitment, training, mentoring and supervision of the sales teams.
- Development of the organization’s sales strategy, process, and underlying objectives.
- Drive team sales approach across the organization (value proposition), demonstrating the overall process and how to integrate the various departments in the sales presentation.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and corporate values and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Encourage communication; facilitate staff meetings to promote sales education, industry trends, research skill development and operational effectiveness.
- Work with other business units to effectively implement initiatives and develop/promote teamwork across the organization.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading a sales team.
- Extensive experience in the plastic industry with an engineering mindset.
- A strong sense of urgency and a proactive problem-solver with 10-15 years of progressive sales management experience with a minimum of 5 years at the management level.
- Proven track record of successfully growing revenue while maintaining budget accountability.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including executive presence and the ability to establish and maintain rapport / trust with stakeholders at a variety of levels, both internal and external to the company. Tech savvy, articulate, resourceful, and creative, possessing the ability to work with and adapt to all kinds of people.
- One who exhibits patience, perseverance, and persuasiveness.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Organized, methodical; able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Approximately 33% Travel required.
All inquiries should be emailed to: