Our client is a third generation privately held full-service manufacturer specializing in high quality standardized components and fixtures. Founded over 50 years ago, our client has built a strong position in their marketplace focused on their commitment and dedication to customer service and product availability. Their high-quality products are customized for a variety of applications and then sold to industrial distributors, manufacturing, and automation OEM’s.
As a member of the leadership team, the Director of Finance will be responsible for planning and preparing all financial, accounting, and human resource activities. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success and responsibility for budget management, financial analysis, standard cost accounting, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. In addition, they will manage key areas within the human resources department such as policy and procedure compliance and ongoing maintenance of HR practices. Our client is seeking a solutions-minded, hands-on leader who will roll up their sleeves, handle multiple functions and help grow a department as the company grows. This role will provide direction in establishing and improving efficiencies, systems, processes, and procedures within the organization. The Director of Finance will instill a sense of empowerment and accountability amongst the team. This is a dynamic opportunity to help shape the future of the company with the autonomy to do it.
This position reports directly to the President/Owner with two (2) direct reports
As a small business, our client desires an engaged finance leader from the manufacturing industry. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and passionate to drive, productivity, innovation/optimization and help move the company forward. A strong communicator and skilled financial manager, it will be their mission to streamline budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes as well as the process for budget/reporting performance review and subsequent action planning. They will produce thorough financial-status reports for the leadership team to help improve operational efficiency and aid in continued growth. As a value-added partner to the President and Vice President of Operations, this Director will help elevate the business to the next level with a “want to win” attitude and knows what it takes to get there. Additionally, this role will provide appropriate analysis, insights, and advice to the leadership of the company in a manner that assures good business decisions are made with timely, accurate and relevant information.
Leadership and Management:
- An integral part of the leadership team; partner with the President and VP of Operations of the company to provide consultative support on planning initiatives through financial information analyses and recommendations.
- Participate in the development and support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Partner with the President and VP of Operations to create standardized operating procedures.
- Provide expertise to the leadership team; Communicate accurate financial information, data, and metrics to help them make informed decisions.
- Possess an executive presence with supreme organizational skills that will help drive consistency and standardized processes.
- Establish and maintain a system to communicate performance indicators at the employee level.
- Challenge the leadership team to excel and improve, as well as being coachable.
- Set an example of a strong work ethic with a desire and determination to work hard to achieve goals.
- Possess a “do what it takes to get the job done” mindset while being dedicated to deliver work timely.
- Team player; model a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Manage and actively participate in monthly leadership meetings.
- Present business goals transparently and explain them in a way which is understandable at all levels within the company; translate information into information that can’t be ignored.
- Make business (finance & accounting) decisions with confidence and act on them with a high sense of stewardship.
- Provide the President and VP of Operations with variance analysis.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial forecasting and planning processes while monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of the company, by department and function.
- Develop, implement, and execute aggressive but realistic annual plans targeted to increase accounting and finance efficiencies.
- Develop processes to ensure product standard costing is accurate and maintained
- Provide guidance to ensure relevant and timely delivery of all financial reporting and planning outputs.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages.
- Work with Vice President of Operations to help drive operational decision-making.
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets.
- Consolidate statements and reconcile balance sheet on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Handle all accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Assess current accounting operations and systems and offer recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Manage the preparation and processing of payroll for personnel.
- Assist operations with purchasing and inventory management; take ownership.
- Manage the administrative human resource function; Responsible for HR functions including but not limited to compensation & salary planning, employment terminations, administration tasks/record keeping, benefit administration, documentation and the development and tracking of HR annual budgets.
- Liaison with the CPA on the company’s behalf.
- Minimum of ten years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role.
- At least five-years’ experience in human resources.
- Must have experience in the manufacturing industry and standard cost accounting.
- Stellar work ethic; willing to work hard to get the job done.
- Creative problem solver with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the highest level of integrity with impeccable analytic and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and thick-skinned.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize and react quickly to changes.
- Demonstrated ability with cost accounting.
- Proactive financial leadership and possesses a sense of urgency.
- Ability to be coached and ask for help when necessary.
- Team player with a sense of humor and ability to use their authority appropriately.
- Must have the ability to work within a relaxed, fluid, and fun culture.
- Must have robust knowledge of ERP systems to enhance productivity and capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required; MBA desired.
- Accounting designation of CMA, CGA or equivalent combination of related experience and education.