Our client provides business-based immigration solutions. They provide mid- to large-tiered corporate clients with a single source solution for work and residence permits, visas and customized immigration analyses. Technology, innovation, and knowledge drive efficiency for immigration and are the pillars of their success. Their service model is both unique in its approach to mobility and its results within the industry. Leveraging a team of attorneys and consultants, with five offices in key markets, enables them to provide proactive solutions that are compliant and responsive to local needs. Capitalizing on lean processes and immense immigration knowledge, their mission is to continue to be the preeminent provider of business immigration services. Their dedication to the mission and strength of core values brings a profound competitive advantage. The core values are based on: Authenticity, White-Glove Client focus, Own It mentality, Embrace Change and Team Player.
The CFO/CAO will be an active collaborator with the Firm’s Leadership Team and other attorneys by providing consultative support to devise strategies and policies to meet the Firm’s organizational objectives by bringing to life the commitment to equitable practices that empower employees to meet their fullest potential. The CFO/CAO will be responsible for all the firm’s financial reporting, processes, controls, and matters including accounting, billing, banking, taxation, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, and variance analyses including profitability analyses. Additionally, they will manage all contract related issues to enhance negotiations and fee schedules. The CFO/CAO will set departmental vision and direction for attracting, engaging, developing, retaining, and embedding a talent-focused and continuous improvement mindset through the company culture.
This position reports to the Managing Member. Number of direct reports: Two (2)
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the mission at hand and an interactive participant that will help guide this firm into the future. They will have demonstrated ability in building a confident, aligned, and motivated team(s) that are focused on executing goals and objective that are long term/bigger picture. They will be proficient at communicating within all levels of the Firm and possesses sound interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment.
The CFO/CAO will have deep financial/operations knowledge in resource planning, demand planning, business planning, corporate strategy, communications, leadership benchmarking and forecasting and will be the lead professional with the Firm’s Finance and HR Departments. The CFO/CAO will enable the Firms principles and attorneys to do what they do best by being a service-oriented liaison ensuring the financial management of the firm is aligned, supportive, and interdependent.
- Develop strong relationships by ensuring continuous lines of communication are forged with the Principles and management team of the Firm by providing consultative financial support, analysis, insights, and advice in a manner that assures business decisions are made with timely, accurate, and relevant information.
- Responsible for financial management in a fast-paced environment including developing financial budgets and budget policies and procedures.
- Maintain and improve the integrity of the Firm’s financial practices, and oversees relationship with financial institutions, auditors, and CPAs.
- Lead the development and implementation of finance, accounting, billing, and analysis procedures and KPI’s. Fully elevate the entire financial process.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring a team. Effective at setting, evaluating and inspiring individual and team goals that develop people to promote a result driven culture, a proven collaborator, able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire team.
- Set financial and/or performance goals within the finance and HR department that are aggressive, achievable, and tied to long-term strategic goals and monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is made within the Firm.
- Provide leadership in planning, forecasting, and due diligence to support the company growth objectives.
- Manage budgets, hiring, contracting, business negotiations, and development of operational policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly partnership financial reports, including productivity and financial statements. Evaluates effectiveness of the report package and recommends changes as needed.
- Monitor trends and performs benchmarking within the legal industry. Provides input, recommendations, and insights to the Firms Principles and key stakeholders.
- Must possess the ability to masterfully influence and manage all matters related to strategy and people operations while partnering/collaborating closely with Human Resources and engaging leadership with a sense of resiliency and calmness under pressure.
- Manage all HR and Office Administration activities for firm including talent attraction, talent retention, professional development, compensation and benefits, office management, vendor management and IT.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP and strong financial acumen and related analyses skills, including P&L, budget planning and creation, accounting, cost-control principles, and the ability to create accurate revenue-forecasting models.
- Knowledge of administrative and office management procedures and methods; some knowledge of department structure and operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to provide clear, precise, and well-substantiated explanations of financial information with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- High Achiever who is: pragmatic, dedicated, passionate, organized, humble, possesses a sense of humor, creative problem-solver, willing to get the job done and adaptable to a cohesive team.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare, and maintain an assortment of records, reports, and information. Comfortable with presentations to groups of attorneys.
- Sound supervisory or senior leadership experience which demonstrates the ability to successfully carryout the roles and responsibilities described above, typically evidenced by experience in progressively more responsible executive leadership positions.
- Must be resourceful and creative, possessing the ability to work with and adapt to all kinds of people. Must be patient, persistent and persuasive. Strong work ethic, e.g., “roll-up your sleeves” leader/manager.
- Ability to work well, individually and in teams, with a diverse group of people. Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to bring and manage meaningful change, participate in Process Improvement, and Project Management initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to protect confidential information.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in using standard office software, e.g., Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; in using specialized office data systems; in building effective relationships within the organization and with outside contacts.
- Experience with Sage Intacct financial accounting program is preferred.
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Accounting is required.
- MBA in Business, Finance or Management and a CPA designation is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10-years of experience in senior-level financial or accounting management; legal industry preferred.
- Preference for candidates with professional or other complex service firm experience.