Founded over 40 years ago, our successful client is a growing family-owned specialty trade contractor. Headquartered in Southeastern, Michigan, the company employs over 125+ employees and has built a reputation providing the highest level of quality installation nationwide. Serving industrial and commercial markets with a union workforce, they are passionate about what they do, and committed to impeccable customer service by doing the right thing while having loyalty to their craft.
As a newly created position, our client is looking for an experienced pragmatic leader who will play an integral role in propelling the business forward. This position will be responsible for managing all strategic operations and will integrate into the family-based culture with a strong emphasis on one united team with grit and purpose. They will be tasked to create, develop and execute strategic business planning while overseeing operations, sales and marketing. It is essential for this position to establish and build credibility amongst a well-established, dedicated and loyal team. Leading by example with personal integrity, teamwork and transparency the finalist candidate will motivate and positively influence the entire organization.
This position reports to the Owner with (2) two direct reports.
The ideal candidate will be highly strategic and relationship driven with significant experience within a trades industry. This individual will be passionate about coaching and developing a team using effective goal setting, while evaluating and inspiring individual and team goals that promote an engaged culture. The successful candidate will be highly communicative, organized and exhibit a hands-on approach to operations management.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the overall success of the business and for planning and leading the development and execution of long-term strategies to achieve stated goals.
- Maintain leadership of a values-driven organization with one cohesive team.
- Team development from a capacity and capability standpoint; passionate about coaching and training the team.
- Ensuring the company maintains a high social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Oversees pricing and quotation policies while maintaining best practices to achieve long term strategic and financial goals.
- Planning, control and management of day-to-day operations.
- Develops and leads staffing requirements, employee training, and designing organizational structures to insure optimum productivity/labor cost relationships.
- Establishes organization standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Nurtures an atmosphere of cooperation, communication and synergy between all departments.
- Develop and maintain effective, long-term relationships with all customers, and internal and external personnel.
- Travels to offsite meetings on behalf of company to interact with customers as necessary.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual management review process.
- Supreme diplomat to provide overall executive leadership for all aspects of operations, sales, customer relations and has responsibility to hold staff accountable for programs and services.
- Work closely with the owner to develop and implement strategic plans that promote both top & bottom-line growth.
- Manages and implements all company growth strategies, processes, and activities. Oversees all operating systems.
- Lead/manage the process of implementing aggressive but realistic annual sales plans targeted to increase market share in the respective verticals.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Plan and direct the entire operation, ensuring the development and implementation of cost-effective and efficient processes to meet current and future business requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation and augmentation of business plans.
- They must exhibit professional and managerial skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence in all levels of the organization to achieve the highest standards of performance.
- Set operational and/or performance goals for each department which are aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals.
- Ability to lead/manage on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that maintain and maximize the overall effectiveness of the total operation.
- High degree of communication ensuring management team are fully informed of operational objectives.
- 10 Years of senior management experience running an organization involving full P/L, balance sheet, capital structures and growth responsibilities.
- Proven track record as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Vice President of Operations or President.
- Must have experience in the trades industry.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to manage a fast paced, high quality entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly focused, organized, analytical thinker who initiates as opposed to reacts.
- Successful experience with financial and operational planning and labor cost management.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Proven written and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic, e.g., “roll-up your sleeves” leader. Excellent listener.
- Resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality.
- Hands-on proactive leader with a proven “take-charge” record of accomplishment.
- Experience with EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) is not required but preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field is required. MBA highly preferred.