Confidential – Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
The VP/GM will be part of the executive leadership team and a key driver for the ongoing optimization/transformation for the company and its customers. (S)he will develop and execute strategic resourcing plans that intelligently leverage both internal and external resources throughout the product lifecycle which include: Operational planning and execution, value-chain optimizations, quantitative analysis to identify innovations, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, assisting in defining product vision and manufacturing capabilities & through-put, implementation/launch and track progress and impact for the company’s operations.
The ideal candidate must come from an Automotive-centric manufacturing environment will be passionate about the mission at hand and excel in transformational leadership. (S)he will be a strategic thinker and supreme diplomat managing relationships internally and externally. A career history will include meaningful cross-functional leadership experience in; P&L management, strategic planning & communication/integration, commercial & channel management, organizational development, process optimization, finance and operations. In alignment with the company culture, the candidate will act with integrity, exercise sound judgment, embrace & encourage adaption, be collaborative & communicative, promotes interdependent teamwork and takes direct ownership & accountability.
This position reports to the Automotive President and has (3) direct reports with several matrix reports.
The primary responsibility for the VP/GM is to mentor and coach their team to develop and build a nimble commercially minded leadership team that elevates the businesses capabilities that optimizes the value chain.
- Team development from both a capacity and capability standpoint; coaching direct reports to “stand-up” their teams to plan and organize themselves around needle moving strategies and activities.
- Leads collaborative problem-solving with Operations, Engineering, Commercial and other stakeholder teams to finalize product planning, manufacturing capability and successful launch.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business analytics, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact.
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a global environment. Demonstrating a passion to work effectively with Engineering, Operations and Commercial Teams.
- Works with appropriate functional organizations to develop product strategies to achieve a differentiated market position (Define where and where not to play). Working with key leadership on developing road maps, business cases, and plans to implement strategies ensuring strategic fit across all disciplines.
- Leverages in-depth understanding of product capabilities and product offerings and stays abreast of industry product and engineering trends to ensure the company is defining and creating the best products possible in a rapidly changing environment.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior business unit leaders, creating buy-in, leading communication, and providing thought leadership so that the best solution possible is implemented and executed.
- Develop concise communications regarding product strategy development and value chain propositions; mentors senior business unit leadership to become subject matter expert on assigned products, customers, and competitors. Coaching leadership on articulating the vision and strategic direction of the company to their teams; helps others translate strategic goals into tactical objectives with clear project parameters (e.g., budget, timeline, deliverables and tracks progress of metrics post-launch).
- Creating and executing on strategic resourcing plans to ensure organizational strength, cost efficiency and flexibility by leveraging both internal resourcing as well as key strategic sourcing providers.
- Drives an operating model that ensures agile delivery teams have the clarity and support they need to maximize product value and overall return on investment.
- Leads the development and management of operating, product and engineering budgets in support of business objectives.
- Builds a strong team through clearly defining roles, attracting, retaining, and training talent, with a focus on developing team members. Clearly understands the skills and experiences needed to fill gaps in (S)he area of influence. Develops clear succession plans; identifies top talent and growth opportunities.
- Builds high performing teams that work collaboratively and make an impact for the organization; Ability to coach/mentor team members at all levels.
- Demonstrated growth mentality; fostering the ability within teams to build, measure and learn ensuring the vision and strategies of product-groups and engineering considers future needs and developments.
- Ability to work in a globally diverse culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside comfort zone.
- Demonstrated ability to interdependently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a manufacturing environment. A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done.
- 12+ years’ experience in Business Operations, Product Development, Engineering, or related functions, with at least 7 years of experience in a senior management capacity leading large-scale product centric organization.
- Must have 10+years of experience directly managing a P&L of 500M+.
- Financial acumen and related analysis skills, including P&L, budget planning and creation, understanding pricing strategies and the ability to create highly accurate sales and revenue forecasting models.
- Proven track record of successfully growing revenue while maintaining required profitability metrics.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including executive presence and the ability to establish and maintain rapport / trust with stakeholders at a variety of levels, both internal and external to the company.
- Must possess the vision and understanding to lead teams to consistently deliver exceptional product to customers; Ability to simplify complex ideas into component parts to communicate a vision effectively and efficiently.
- Leadership experience in a product and engineering organization; Building and leading high performing teams that consistently meet or exceed team and business goals in a fast-paced, high change, matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships across cross-culturally throughout the organization at all levels; Proven experience championing change, solving problems, thinking strategically, managing relationships/teams.
- Strong expertise in managing holistically, with a focus on internal & external supply chain.
- Strong understanding of lean product principles and product lifecycle.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior-level leaders to manage and develop high-performing teams.
- Must have a high sense of urgency and tenacity to achieve goals; Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- 20-30% travel is required to offsite meetings on behalf of company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering is required.
• MBA highly preferred.